Meet our Reading Ambassadors for this academic year. These children have been chosen for their love of reading and willingness to share this passion with others and enthusiasm to promote reading throughout the school.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To promote a love of reading across the school.
- Recommend books to others and talk about their favourite authors.
- Demonstrate exemplary reading behaviours and be an excellent role model to others.
- Support pupils with reading outdoors at lunchtimes.
- Keep the library and other book areas tidy.
- Be the voice of pupils across the school.
- Read with children in different classes.
Our amazing reading ambassadors share their love of reading in lots of different ways:
Assemblies and themed weeks
They orgainsie whole-school assemblies and communicate key messages about reading to the school. We meet half termly to plan for themed week such as World Book Day, National Storytelling Week and Poetry Week.
Restocking our library
Each year, the ambassadors visit online book stores to restock our library with newly released books and those that need replacing. They consider the views of their whole class when selecting new titles.
Each half term, our ambassadors support with story time sessions across the school.